~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~


Saturday, June 8, 2013

Winter Clean Up

Hidey ho all!! I hope this finds you well. 

 It is trying, very badly I must add to be winter here. It is thus far failing. A warm afternoon with house still wide open and thinking of putting on a fan. Yes a fan. I do hanker for wild and woolly weather that can only be met with Chocolate Puddings and nights in front of the TV with a Good British murder mystery or period drama. But I filled my tepid afternoon with a bit of house cleaning. The mini variety not the full blown house version!!! Long weekend her in Oz and I plan to do traditionally nothing at all. No a mini clean up. So with my trusty soft brush I dusted out the Little Thatched Cottage. I really must get myself moving and make way to get an acrylic cover for it. I had a quote some time ago and while I won't have to sell my car to pay for it, it will still dent the humble bank account. But it is worth it I think. The tropics aren't the best place to preserve, well anything really. Here are some photos anyways, while it is still dustless and I haven't moved it back to it's resting spot in my lounge and all the bits fall off no matter what I use to stick em down.





I finally got the toadstools in the garden. Nikkie Rowe made these and the fantastic little snail is from Hummingbird Miniatures.

Hoo roo for now and be well!!
Carrie

19 comments:

  1. Lovely to see the little cottage looking clean and cosy.

    I've been peaking in your Etsy shop in the last few days, your new 'nursery' plates are gorgeous, so charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Scene!!!

    Here in Europe, we still have "winter"! Actually we should wear short skirts at the beginning on June, but I needed a jacket and a scarf two days ago!!!

    I hope summer is comming soon!!!

    Hugs Lina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preciosas estancias , muy acogedoras ,el caracol fantástico.Feliz fin de semana:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little cottage is very cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful room. I like the mushroom in the garden.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cottage is delightful.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me gusta todo pero la escena del sillón tiene algo especial, una maravilla.
    Un abrazo.
    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very cosy, romantic cottage. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the corner with the wing chair. It is a charming room. And although it is full of little details but there is not Horror Vacui ;-)
    I love it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely little squizz in the warm Thatched Cottage!

    No summer in the northern hemisphere and still waiting on winter Downunder! No snow for Queens Birthday weekend, bummer for the ski season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little cottage makes me so happy whenever I look at it. It's the stuff of fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty little cottage! It's supposed to be summer here in California...could have fooled me, it was gloomy and cold today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It is gorgeous Carrie! I know what you mean about dust, I hate my mini's covered in it (as they so often are)! I cover my 'projects' with opaque plastic sheeting but it doesn't look very appealing! An acrylic cover sounds wonderful!
    Hope you are keeping well, my friend!
    P.S. Absolutely love your delightful toadstool & snail! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carrie, I bought some clear plastic sheeting (180cm wide if memory serves) from Spotlight to cover the roof top balcony of my dollhouse. It's very clear so everything is easily seen and yet can be lifted off very easily. A cheap alternative till the bank can stand up to a full perspex cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello carrie,
    It amazes me how much depth and atmosphere you achieve in your work. It is stunning and your finishes are just fantastic. Excellent work!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Carrie! I have always loved this little cottage from the very first time that I saw it a year or so ago! It has lost none of its fascination for me as everything in it is welcoming and inviting and always will be. Summer or winter, I can see a pot of tea will be brewed and a yummy treat served on some vintage china to all who come to visit, whether it is dusty or not.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete